What is Eucharistic Adoration?
Eucharistic adoration is the act of worshiping God as He is present in the consecrated Eucharist. Spending time before the Blessed Sacrament, in prayer and devotion, is exactly the same as spending time before the living God. Adoration occurs whenever someone kneels in front of the tabernacle, bows before receiving the Blessed Sacrament at Mass, or, in a more focused way, when the Blessed Sacrament is exposed for adoration.
Perpetual Adoration at the Oratory
Beginning June 29th, 2008, the Oratory was pleased to begin a schedule of perpetual adoration at the Donnelly Chapel of St. Philip Neri. Local “continuous adorers” commit to keep watch with our Eucharistic Lord day and night to make this devotion available to the public during the building’s open hours. Please call the Oratory with questions about how to sign up as a scheduled adorer or what you may do to help foster devotion to our Lord in the Eucharist.
Starting out with Eucharistic Adoration
Welcome, adorers! We’ve written you a letter. (MS Word)
Pope Benedict XVI – Angelus Address – Corpus Christi, 2007
Bishop Zubik, Diocese of Pittsburgh
- What is Eucharistic adoration? (pdf)
- Diocesan Prayer Card and List of Prayers before the Blessed Sacrament (pdf)
Check back as we add more items!
To assist our scheduled adorers, the Oratory has enrolled our Donnelly Chapel of St. Philip Neri with an online database that provides users with access to the adoration calendar and schedule. Benefits of using this system include greater ease in finding and contacting substitutes, and in signing up, for those who may not be present during our usual Commitment Weekends.The first link is to register an adorer with our particular chapel (approval will be emailed). The second link provides the actual access to the database page after the adorer’s registration has been approved.
- “Register as a Continuous Adorer” – Click here to create your adorer login.
- “Sign In” – Sign into the database to SIGN UP FOR HOURS, FIND SUBSTITUTES, check the DIRECTORY, and see the SCHEDULE.
- “How to Signup” guide – download pdf viewer if needed.
- Questions or problems with the database? Email Nichole McPherson, our online Eucharistic Adoration coordinator.